As more research shows that people should spend less time sitting, companies and individuals alike are turning to standing desks in order to create more ergonomic workstations.
We have put together a list of things that will help you choose a standing desk that is right for you:
1. Does it need to be Height Adjustable?
Height adjustability is recommended if you require a flexible workstation that is suitable for all your work needs. For instance, you may prefer a particular height when using the computer and another when reading or writing. Height adjustability becomes a necessity if more than one person intends to use it.
One thing to consider when looking for adjustable standing desks is how the desk changes height: manually or with hydraulics? Hydraulic desks offer convenience and functionality since they do not require any strength to adjust.
2. Do you need a standing desk, or a Sit-to-Stand Desk?
Sit-to-stand desks are designed to support both standing work and traditional sitting. These desks offer the perfect middle ground! Ideal for people who aren’t used to standing, the desks help you alternate between periods of sitting and standing, depending on your comfort.
A great option is the sit-to-stand hydraulic desk. Not only does it have a gorgeous solid wood desk-top, its hydraulic lift provides the ability to lift the heaviest of monitors; it even comes with a wide pencil drawer.
Standing desks, on the other hand, allow you to work comfortably while standing and reap the benefits of reducing the amount of prolonged sitting during the work day. Standing desks have shown to be significantly beneficial for people with back pain and improve overall productivity.
3. What will you need it for?
If you are looking for a custom-made desk that serves a particular function, here are some options:
- A sit-stand executive desk: Not only does an executive desk suit the aesthetics of your private office, but it also provides the flexibility and functionality that accurately reflects the level of success to which you aspire.
- Standing reading desk or drafting table:This kind of desk offers a sloped section that is best for reading and writing. This Mission Reading Standing Desk provides additional storage space under the sloped top, in addition to bookshelves in the lower part of the desk.
- Corner desk: If you have limited space and you require a standing desk for laptop work or simply reading and writing, then a corner desk will fit you perfectly!
If you are looking for more options in adjustable standing desks, architectural drafting tables, sit-stand hydraulic desks or treadmill desks, check out the online store at standupdesks.com. We can even customize the standing desk to your preference. For more information, get in touch with us today at 330-807-1956.